B O O K I N G C O N D I T I O N S
By booking the Villa Kajuutta, you have read and accepted the following booking- and cancellation policies and house rules.
The villa will be confirmed as booked once we have received and confirmed the necessary information for billing from the customer. The rent must be paid in full before the start of the rental period.
Cancellation and change of reservation
Cancellation and change policy*
Cancellation must always be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The
cancellation is considered to have taken place at the moment when the
information about the cancellation has reached the landlord. Cancellation
notified outside office hours (Mon-Fri 8-16, Sat 10-18) is considered to have
taken place on the next office day.
If the customer changes the reservation (time of the vacation, additional services or number of people), the landlord has the right to charge EUR 50 as change costs. The change must be made no later than 29 days before the start of the reservation period. Changes made after this are considered a cancellation of the previous reservation and making a new reservation.
If the cancellation is made at least 28 days before the start of the accommodation, the advance payment will be refunded, except for cancellation and office costs (cancellation and office costs 150e). In case of cancellation 28-21 days before the start of the accommodation, an advance payment will be withheld (advance payment 30% of the rental price). If cancelled up to 21 days before date of arrival, payment is non-refundable.
If the holiday home is not checked-in or it is checked-in late, the customer is not entitled to a refund of the rent. If the customer cancels his reservation and leaves the holiday home before the end of the rental period, no compensation will be paid for the unused time and the customer is not entitled to a rent refund.
*The above cancellation policy does not apply to bookings made through Airbnb
The landlord's right to cancel the reservation
In case of force majeure, the landlord can cancel the reservation. In that case, the customer has the right to get back the amount he paid to the landlord in full. If the reservation has to be interrupted due to the disruptive behavior of the customer or a guest of the customer, the payments will not be refunded.
If the customer does not make the payments on time, the landlord can cancel the reservation without separate notification.
The landlord is not responsible for damage caused to the customer that is caused by an unforeseeable force majeure or a similar reason (e.g. power outages, epidemics or natural phenomena), which has not caused by the landlord and the consequences of which the landlord has not been able to reasonably prevent.
COVID-19 or other epidemics
Restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 (coronavirus) or other epidemics, global or local travel restrictions do not constitute a Force Majeure - situation, as the restrictions imposed by the epidemic are not unforeseen. Thus, we apply the above cancellation and booking conditions of Villa Kajuutta to the cancellation.
Comments and complaints
All comments and complaints related to the holiday home must be addressed directly to the owner of the holiday home immediately after they appear and during the rental period. If the customer does not notify the owner immediately during the rental period of the defects he/she has noticed, the holiday home is considered to be in condition according to the contract. Deficiencies reported only after the rental period cannot be identified together, and the landlord is not liable for compensation for them.
- Check-in anytime after 15:00 and check-out by 12:00 (unless otherwise agreed)
- The property is located in a quiet residental area. Neighbours must be taken into account, especially between 10pm and 7am, when it is forbidden to make noise and play music outdoors. However, normal outdoor stays are allowed after 10pm.
- The villa can be used by maximum of the number of people stated at the time of booking. The use of caravan or tent on the resort site without permission is prohibited. We will charge 25e/person/day for additional persons.
- Pets are not allowed in the villa.
- The property (including the outdoor areas) must be in a clean condition when handed over (rubbish in the outdoor rubbish, goods and furniture in their own places, dishes washed etc.) or we will charge an additional cleaning fee from 200e. The cleaning service can also be ordered separately by prior arrangement, if ordered in advance, the price starts from 150e.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in all indoor areas and in the gazebo! If the instructions are not followed, a ventilation fee will be charged afterwards.
- Notify the renter if anything is broken at the property during your stay. The customer is obliged to compensate for any damage caused to the rental property.
- If the house rules are not followed or the customer behaves disturbingly, the rental may have to be suspended immediately. As a result, the landlord is not obligated to compensate for the lost rental or to contribute to other expenses.